Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A very special Christmas surprise!


A card arrived today in my letter box, but not just any card, a card that has been handmade for me by a very very special person in my life... My Nan!
Now you might be thinking that's a pretty normal thing to get a card at Christmas from your Nan in the post... well yes and no... what makes this card so very special is that my Nan has handmade me this card, and my Nan is 93!
This year she has set aside the time to make me a card from her heart and I am so proud of her.

I'm sure this goes to show... making a handmade card has NO AGE BARRIERS! :-)

Here it is...



I also wanted to share with you the lovely verse included inside which really did touch my heart.


It reads:


My Christmas List

There are a lot of folk I know
all written in a book,
and every year at Christmas time
I go and have a look.
For each name stands for someone
who has touched my life sometime,
and in that meeting they've become
the rhythm of the rhyme.
For once that I've known someone
the year cannot erase,
the memory of a pleasant word
or a friendly face.
So never think my Christmas Cards
are just a mere routine,
of a name upon a list
forgotten in between.
For when I send a Christmas card
that is addressed to you,
it is because you're on the list
of folks I'm indebted to.
And whether I have known you
for many years or few,
in some way you've had a part
in shaping things I do.
So every year when Christmas comes
I just realize anew,
that the greatest gift that god can give
is knowing folks like you.


Thanks Nan for my lovely card... I love you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment