Friday, October 16, 2009

Pretty are my Friends 24-7!


October's stamp set of the month 'Friends 24-7',
brings such things to mind as
Pretty, Girlie, and Pink!

Today I sat down with just those 3 things in mind...
and I made 2 cards that are just that!

Loving the damask stamp from the set, I had been inspired to try it out with two inks to give a two-tone effect... here's how it turned out...



Making the background was fun, and I was really pleased with how it looked, I didn't want to take away from it too much, so I simply added some ribbon, a pretty bow, and the 'Friends' saying mounted with dimensionals in the centre of the card.



Stamps: Friends 24-7
Ink: Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss
Card: Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Stripe Ribbon
Tools: Paper Trimmer, Daubers, Adhesives, & Dimensionals.

One of the highlights for me this year was going to Canberra for the Stampin' Up! Convention. There the Inspiration was non-stop! One of the memorable presentations for me was the one done by Stampin' Up!'s Co founder & CEO Shelli Gardner. Shelli has a real Shabby Chic style and I sooooo love it! The 09/10 catalogue introduced a line of products that she personally has been involved in creating "Shelli's Signature Collection" and Friends 24-7 is part of her collection. (to find Shelli's Signature range, just look for the heart icon).

Shelli made this adorable card in which I have done my best efforts to replica myself, I just love it, but I must say... if you like this, believe it or not, Shelli's was even more adorable.



A couple of tips I learnt from Shelli presenting this card was that you can colour the flowers from the pretties kit with pastels and daubers. You can even stamp on them too! Don't the ribbons look so adorable? I braved the old needle and thread and gathered the pretty in pink ribbon, the ribbon above it is from 'Dress Up' Ribbon Originals, dyed in coffee.



Stamps: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words jumbo wheel
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel
Card: Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand, Confetti White
Accessories: Pretties Flower, Crystal Brad, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Dress Up Ribbon
Tools: Paper Trimmer, Needle & Thread, Coffee for dying, Scissors for distressing, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Aqua Painter, Daubers, Pastels, Spritzer Tool, & Adhesives

Fallen in love with Friends 24-7?

Friends 24-7 can be found on page 81 of the 2009/2010 Idea Book & Catalogue RRP $45.95

As I love each and every one of my friends... and that includes you... I am offering you the opportunity to add Friends 24-7 to your stamp collection at my special price of $39
That's a saving of over 15%!

Only available at this fabulous price until the end of this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment