Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Memories from Macleay Island CCW

Macleay Island joined in on the fun again this year as part of the Paper Angels Group Charity Christmas Card Workshops, holding our event here in my home.
We had a lovely relaxing day with our little gang...
here are some special memories from the day.
(before I go ahead though, I must apologise,
I was having so much fun I forgot to take a group shot of all who were here.)

Thank you to Lil, Anne, Barb, Sue, Sylvia, Elizabeth, and Marg
for coming along to support our special charity event.

Inspired by some chocolates I had spotted on Paper Angel Felicity's blog,
here are the chocolates I covered as a treat for each of the girls as
an extra thank you for coming along.



Being at home we all brought along a plate to share for lunch and sat out on the deck together.



Here I go again... the Card Competition... WOW!
There were 16 entries in the card comp from the 7 ladies who attended.
It was so hard for everyone to come up with their favourite 1st and 2nd choice.

Congratulations to Elizabeth who won 1st prize...



Congratulations to Barb who won 2nd prize...



It was so close there was actually a draw for 2nd prize, I would like to congratulate Lil on her card also (but sorry I didn't get a photo of it to share).

As I have proudly mentioned many times before... our raffles for events such as these supporting charities in our local community are well supported by Stampin' Up! who generously donate product for our famous prizes. Macleay Island received a donation along with each event. Here are the happy winners of our raffle prizes.

Sue & Sylvia



and a double wammie for Lil


With the donation of Afternoon tea (cakes made by Lil), the huge pile of entries in the card comp, and the raffles... I am very proud to announce that Macleay Island raised $128 to go towards this years total towards our Paper Angel Group 'Angel Boxes'. A great result for a group of 7. Well done girls and thanks again for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment