Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Time for Babies!

I have recently had a friend have a baby boy and have another friend expecting a baby boy quite soon. So over the past day I set aside some time to make my friends a little gift each for their arrivals.

I made this collection of photo cards for my friend who recently had her little boy. There are 10 cards each with an envelope, that she can place a photo of bub on, and on the back I have made a space for her to write a thank you note to send out to her friends who have sent her well wishes. I have used a photo of my nephew Kingston here just to show how a photo would look on the cards. The cards are presented in the decorated tin...



The cards have been made using the Designer Series Double Sided Patterned 'Sweet Slumber Specialty' Card. This is Patterned 12x12 card stock rather than paper. Found on page 133 available for $22.95. The back of each card is just the reverse side of what pattern was there. I have made these as a single card (not an open and fold style). Just flip it over to the other side to read the special message.
Each card has a Whisper White Envelope. Found on page 131 $10.95 (pack of 40). I have stamped a whale in Baja Breeze on each envelope. The whale comes from the 'Pun Fun' set on page 41 $58.95.

The tin is just the cutest bit! It is a left over Hodge Podge Tin. I have decorated it using left over bits of the Sweet Slumber card stock. A piece of the 1" Baja Breeze Double Stitched Ribbon, Hodge Podge embellishment with 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain ribbon. 'baby' has been stamped using the 'Big Deal' Alphabet Stamp Set found on page 121 available for $77.95. I have gone over the letters once they were adhered to the tin with Crystal Effects to give the 3D lacquered look. Crystal Effects is becoming my favourite accessory these days. It can be found on page 154 and is available for $11.95


Below is the gift I made for my friend who is expecting a baby boy. It is two little packs of note cards that she can use as little thank you notes after he is born also. I have had to post this gift overseas, so I had to make it a little smaller and lighter... keeping the tin out of it this time.
We had seen this great idea using a plastic bag and little note cards at convention. I have been busting to try it out. You can do this novel little idea for any theme as a gift. But keep in mind the bags really only fit 4-5 little cards per bag. I had made her 8 cards... so I needed to split these into the two bags.




I have discovered Water Colour Paper lately and how it makes so much more sense to use it when water colouring than normal paper or card stock... I used the whale again from the 'Pun Fun' set as in my above project. Water Colour Paper is available from Stampin' Up! on page 130 for $13.50 (20 pieces). I'd love to show you how easy it is to colour... it really is fool proof, believe me, you will never colour on anything else after you use it.
Look at the results close up....






The DS Paper I used for these little cards and for the insert in the bags is Designer Series 'Patterns' Paper in Baja Breeze page 135 $16.95. The bags are also from Stampin' Up!, they are on page 130 and are the medium size $8.50 (50). To make the handle I have used the Word Window Punch page 153 $30.95 and tied the top off with the Baja Breeze 1" double stitched ribbon from page 150 $19.95 (9.1m).


The best part is now giving these to my friends xo

2 comments: