Monday, August 10, 2009

Flowerpots & Cows for Macleay Island last week!

Each fortnight the Macleay Island ladies join me at my place for a fun workshop... and last Friday we made two very cute cards... I just had to share them with you!

This is a flowerpot card inspired by the latest tutorial on Splitcoast...



The flowers are stamped with a much loved set of mine 'Eastern Blooms' and cut out by hand. The girls decided that with the lovely flower punches Stampin' up! has to offer, this card would also look great with punched flowers for a quicker result.
But for someone special, this card is really worth the time.


The flowers slide up to give you a special place to write your message... isn't it just adorable!
The colors used are: Flowerpot - Tangerine Tango.
Ribbon & leaves - Kiwi Kiss.
Flowers - Elegant Eggplant, Pink Passion, & Summer Sun.



The second card we made was a card that I had been busting to make since I had seen it at convention. This card was a swap made by someone who I don't know... sorry :-(
I didn't get one myself... but when I noticed it in someone else's stash of swaps, I made sure to take a pickie of it so I could re-create it myself...


The card has been scored and swiped with ink to give it a faux woodgrain effect, and the cow... named Daisy by most of the girls at the workshop was made with punches!
Colours used are: Card - Riding Hood Red.
Stable - Creamy Caramel & Whisper White.
Daisy the Cow - Whisper White, Basic Black, & Pretty in Pink.
I will also add in, that the lovely 'For you' stamp in the corner is from my Stamp Set of the month this month 'Great Friend'

We really had a blast making these two cards, hope you like them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment