Monday, August 17, 2009

Butterflies for you...


Tomorrow marks the 2nd birthday of our Angels Billy & Zac.

The butterflies are sure to be out in the sunny garden reminding us of their special day!

So with this months Stamp Set of the month Great Friend...
I have made 2 very special cards in which both I refer to as
"Butterflies for you".

This card's colours were inspired from the DS Papers Washington Apple. Having the Idea Book handy, I was stuck for a colour combo that would be different to my usual favourite colours, so I flicked oped to where all the DS papers are and used the colours from those papers as a guide to a colour combo guaranteed to look great! I love the effect it gave by putting Bashful Blue with Riding Hood Red & So Saffron. The butterfly in the middle has been stamped twice and the top one cut out and layered over the base one with just one strip of sticky strip down it's centre so you can lift up the wings.

From bold to soft... I was busting to emboss on Chocolate Chip again with white, as my Iced Chocolate Card had had so many comments how striking it was. I also desperately wanted to use my new eyelet border punch which I have only just added to my collection... yey! I knew I had Pretty in Pink ribbon and ink, but just couldn't work out what colour to use for the border, so this time I reached for the colour wheel and there it was for me... just add Mellow Moss!

What I created was two completely different cards which both carry the same message... Butterflies for you.

Both cards have been made using the
'Great Friend' stamp set found on
pages 4 & 5 in the Spring Mini Catalogue (RRP 31.95).

In the month of August 2009 you can purchase
'Great Friend' from me
for the special price of $27!
That's a saving of over 15%.

Keep posted in August for more ideas how you can make the most of this gorgeous stamp set... Great Friend
Order you set today at my Special Price!

No comments:

Post a Comment