Sunday, May 17, 2009

Window Dressing

I have been itching to make a card with the
'Window Dressing' Stamp Set...
and today I scratched the itch!

Whoa La... this was the end result! I am pretty happy with this one if I do say so myself.
We had a new lady, Linda, join us at club night last night,
and she makes some wonderful 3D cards...
this inspired me today to make a 3D card using the
'Window Dressing' Set.
(Although it is much more 3D in real life than the photo shows, sorry.)

The window has clear acetate inside it to look like glass and is mounted with dimensionals. The curtain rod is a wooden skewer coloured with basic brown ink. I had seen an idea similar on Split Coast and adjusted it to suit my own taste. I created the background behind the cat on gloss with a brayer and Pumpkin Pie ink. The silhouette of the tree is from the 'Cheep Talk' set and stamped in Basic Black. I sat the cat on a piece of Certainly Celery Card which I sponged Old Olive ink onto to make look like grass, and layerd this over the bottom of my sunset background.

Notice the new ribbon on the bottom? Chocolate Chip is one of the new colours this year in the 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbons, and don't you love the gorgeous 'Sweet Always' Designer Series Papers I have used? There is only 12 days left to order this paper and other
at equivalent to 25% off!

I liked this way of using the window looking out rather than in, to allow for creating the view to be just as it is at sunset looking out the window.

Keep watching my blog... as time allows, I plan on making more cards to share with you and keep you "Inspired!"

2 comments: