Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

As the sun rises... my thoughts are firstly of my mum and how lucky I am to have such a beautiful mother, so caring and loving... and although I love her everyday,
I love her even more today!
Wishing you mum...
a very special and happy Mother's Day xo
Then I have my kids... I am a mother too I remind myself...
How lucky am I to be a mum.
Keagan my amazing boy ~
never a day goes by he doesn't surprise me with his wit.
Elana my little princess ~
everyday she makes me smile.
My three boys in heaven ~
looking over mummy and sending butterfly kisses everyday.
Being a mother is such a wonderful privilege.
But not all mothers have children... as I learned from Shelly Gardner (co founder & CEO of Stampin' Up!) from her write up in our May Impressions newsletter...
A mother is someone who cares for and protects...
some one who acts maternally toward others.
The desire to care for and nurture others
isn't dependent on a wedding ring or the
experience of rearing children.
Women who mother are mother's too!

So I wish... all of my special friends...
all who have cared for me through times
I have needed mothering ~ A very special mothers day to you all,
and I thank you for being there when I have needed you.

Mothers day brings an extra special time of year to put your heart into making something special that says I love you mum ~ thanks ~ you mean the world to me.

I cased this card for mother's day from the current Idea Book and Catalogue pg 95. I think it suits what my mum means to me... everything!

When Elana saw me making this card... she asked
"mummy, can I please make a card with you for muddas day tomorrow too?"
Craft is such a wonderful and fun thing to do to spend time with your kids, and they are never to young to express creativity. I certainly learnt from spending time with my little girl today that even at 3 she has her mind set on what she likes to make and just might be showing signs of following in my footsteps when it comes to 'Paper Craft!'
With the freedom to choose what stamps to use, colours, cutting, sticking her cards together, and only a little bit of guidance from mummy... Elana set off to work and the result was amazing.

Nothing is more special than a gift that is handmade and
a handmade gift comes from the heart...
I can't share just yet the gift I made my own mum,
as she has not received it yet
and I don't want to spoil the surprise if she sees this blog...
but I share with you the gift I made for Mark's mum.


Happy Mother's day to all... enjoy your day! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Such a talent!!! Keep it up Elana!!! Me thinks Leonie you are creating an artistic genius!!! ;)...
    And a great "PARTNER IN CRIME"!! If you get my drift!!! heheheeh

    ReplyDelete