Sunday, March 14, 2010

Creating Cards with Carla!

I was so lucky to have my friend Carla come over and stay the weekend (she would say she was even luckier, as she got to come child free! hee hee hee). We had plenty of time to relax in the craft room and at our leisure create some cards! (That was in between the many interruptions from my kids though, it wasn't child free for all damn it!)
Here's a few of the cards we created over the weekend together...

This was an idea I had stored away in which I can't remember where I had first seen this. It's a great way to use up your DS scraps (1cm strips). You could guarantee you would never get 2 cards looking the same with this one!



Stamps: (L) Best Yet (level 1 hostess), (R) Seeing Spots
Ink: (L) Almost Amethyst, (R) Basic Grey, So Saffron
Card: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Tea Party DS
Accessories: (L) So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon, (R) Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Bling
Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Adhesives including Dimensionals.
(L) made by Leonie (R) made by Carla

This next card was my little invention I was busting to try out after making the menus in the easel card style for my sister's wedding. Carla and I created the card front, then with a little trial and error I came up with the measurements for the base of the card to get the easel effect.

Stamps: Butterfly Prints (summer mini), Whimsical Words (Sale-a-Bration free set)
Ink: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip
Card: Regal Rose, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Always DS, Pink Pirouette Patterns DS
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Bling
Tools: Paper Trimmer with Scorer Blade, Butterfly Punch (summer mini), Eyelet Border Punch, (L) Designer Label Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, (R) Wide Oval Punch, Adhesives including Dimensionals
(L) made by Leonie (R) made by Carla
You may have seen this card design before, it was one from a set of 4 at a recent Stamp-a-Stack class of mine. I just changed the colours. Carla wanted a B'Day card for a friend who loves purple, so we came up with this...


Stamps: Circle Circus, Life Definitions
Ink: Lavender Lace, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant
Card: Always Artichoke, Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Brads
Tools: Wide Oval Punch, Piercer (for brads), Adhesives including Dimensionals

Now there is a story with these last 2 cards. Carla and I spotted this idea made by Marelle Taylor. We thought we would give it a go, so we googled to find the instructions how to tea bag fold the circle punch to get the petals. All good so far. We both folded our petals, and for some reason my 8 petals would not join to make a circle, AAARRRGGG! Mine were too skinny. Carla's were perfect. I tried re-folding them, but I will admit, this was one of those very rare occasions, when It got the better of me, and I gave up! Carla loved it so much, she took over making mine, so I can say, both of these gorgeous cards were made by Carla! (with me sitting on the side sulking. )



Stamps: Sincere Salutations
Ink: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss
Card: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Whisper White, Raspberry Tart DS
Accessories: Rose Red 1" Ribbon, Crystal Brad
Tools: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Piercer for brad, Adhesives including Dimensionals.

Stay tuned for more projects from our weekend coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment