Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wedding Time!

Why are things a little quiet around here? No Classes last month, not too many blogs happening... why... it's the final count down for my Sister's Big Day! This Sat, the 6th March, my sister becomes a Mrs
and I get myself a Brother-in-Law!
The past week I've been busy making 80 name place cards for the tables, as well as table numbers. The invitations we made were Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, and Choc Chip.
(Check them out by clicking here if you like.)
Naturally all the table settings are these colours too.
Here are some of the name place cards...



Being that this is a Military Wedding, Jackie has painted little army soldier figurines in gold to sit near the place cards. Alongside that there will be a cute little bag of Chocolate Bullets. I'll try to get a photo of these to show you after the wedding.

Today I created my creation of all creations... hee hee hee. I'm a bit proud. Jackie asked me if I could think of a way of making menus that could stand on the tables. Other than a plate stand for them, I was a little stumped. Until I came up with this!

Cool hey? I made a few samples first with scrap card stock until I got it just right. The idea was based around an easel card, but in a much different scale. I started with the size of the menu on the Vanilla and worked the rest of the measurements around that.

Remember the little Build-a-Brad Crowns on the invites? Here they are again. They got so many comments from those invited, I couldn't resist to have them on the tables too!


Well we are off in the morning on our exciting venture to Sydney. There won't be much posting going on while there, although I may try to sneak a quick blog in of the Card I made for Jason & Jackie's Day (it matches too of course).

Catch you all when I'm back. Get ready for some serious stamping when I'm back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment