Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Mum! xo

This Friday, the 26th February, is my mum's 60th Birthday!


While in Sydney last week my sister & I surprised mum with a Tall Ship Sunset Cruise on the Harbour. It was such a lovely experience to share with her to say "Happy Birthday Mum, we love you!" 3 girls, an old sailing ship, some spunky sailors, a BBQ dinner with a few glasses of wine, and the sun glistening on the harbour as it set behind the bridge! WOW.



I was going to try to make a card for mum that went with the Tall Ship theme, but each idea I came up with felt too masculine. I wanted to make mum a card that expressed mum in the way I think of her, 'nurturing with love'. So I made this...



Kangaroo Card Punch List:

5 Petal Flower = ears
Large Oval = head & legs
Wide Oval = body & tail
1" Circle = mouth
Heart to Heart = nose, heart in pouch, heart decorations
Trio Flower = hands
Word Window = feet

The background is from Pink Flamingo DS. I've used Real Red Striped Ribbon, added some googly eyes to give my mummy Kangaroo character, used dimensionals behind the pouch and nose to bring her to life, and the '60' on the heart was handwritten in white gel pen.
Inspiration for making the Kangaroo came from Paula Curtis.

Happy Birthday Mum - Love You xo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ellen, I love all the punch art on your blog. You keep me inspired!. Cheers

    ReplyDelete