Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sydney Convention - Saturday!

Saturday started off with Make and Takes... YEY!
Who doesn't enjoy rubber and ink amongst this lot!? lol

We made some lovely projects this year that will make great workshop demos, and the best bit is they were with our NEW 'not yet released' Stamp Sets!


Bec & Melissa enjoying this years make and take projects.


Ellie & Fiona getting their dose of rubber & ink!

Saturday was a relaxing day as we had make & takes in the big hall in the morning session, and stayed in the big hall for Main Stage Workshop Elements for the afternoon. We made our cosy nesting spot for the day and settled right in!


Paper Angel Fiona


Paper Angel Sandra

Joining Stampin' Up! has meant that I have made many beautiful friendships through being part of the Paper Angels Group and through my workshops where I get the chance to meet new people each and every time and build wonderful relationships through our passion for Stampin'.

There is one very special friend that I have met, that I can say I would never had met if it wasn't for Stampin' Up!... and that is Jeanette. Jeanette is one of the amazing Demonstrator Support girls we have here in our Australian office. Of course I feel like now I know all the girls at Demonstrator Support like friends, they are all a wonderful bunch. Over the past 2 years, Jeanette has been a reassuring voice on the other end of the phone. Always there with answers to my queries, solutions to my problems, ready to listen to me when I have had a proud moment to share, without a doubt always having a chuckle with me as we get carried away in conversation about just about anything! We certainly have built a wonderful friendship, and being at Convention meant we could catch up in the flesh and enjoy more of the giggles etc together that we usually would only get to do over the phone.


Here's Jeanette and I posing for the first of what became a portfolio just about
of pics together over the weekend! xo

***SIRENS*** Did someone say "Prize Patrol" again?

Here's Kate smiling ear to ear as Cate from Demonstrator Support presents her with her Prize Patrol Stamp Set!

Now... never short of a laugh when amongst Stampers, this topped the lot for me. I loved it!!!

Pam Morgan, Vice President of Stampin' Up! took main stage to share with us 'The Big Shot!'. Her opening line was not what anyone could have ever expected, and had us rolling in stitches on the floor. Pam shared with us something along the lines of "Did you know that Stampin' is a great way to get fit?". As she did this, on came the music and she performed an aerobic workout using the Big Shot as weights!






What a cracker that was!!!!!
As the afternoon came to an end, it was a sad feeling knowing Convention was nearly over.

We headed back to our rooms with our Convention Bags, Make and Takes, New Stamp Sets, and many memories and stories of the wonderful experiences we'd had over the past couple of days, and got ourselves ready for our Fancy Dinner and Awards Night.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment