Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sydney Convention - Friday

After our crazy night with the fire evacuations, surprisingly we all woke up beaming with energy for a fun filled first day of Convention. It doesn't matter how little sleep you've had when it comes to stampin' fever in the air!

The morning started off with registrations, we all got our Funky 2010 Convention Bags, filled with goodies including 2 new stamp sets, not yet released... Oooooh!

Swaps were flying here there and everywhere. Ursula swapped 150 swaps in record time, and as I hadn't had time this year to make swaps, I helped Liz swap hers. I will share with you some photos of the swaps that were my personal favourites in the next few days, so stay tuned.

Then... the doors opened... and the fun kept rolling on!


What an amazing atmosphere in the General Session Hall.



Paper Angels Fiona, Ursula, & Liz


Gail & Jenny


The Beautiful Angel Ursula


Kate & Leonie (me!)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison.

I tell you what, times like these with my Beautiful Paper Angel friends remind me how thankful I am that I was given the opportunity to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator with such a wonderful group of girls xo

In our convention bags we each got a Stampin' Up! hat...
how cute is Ursula trying hers on for size! giggle xo

"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing" Stephen R Covey

The main thing for me is fun... I tell you what, Stampin' Up! Convention certainly takes that to the max.

Specially when Prize Patrol Appear.... Two of the Paper Angels were lucky to win New Stamp Sets from the Autumn Winter Mini. The Prize Patrol Siren goes off, the room rumbles, and the winners can't wipe the smiles off their faces!


Here's Anna proudly waiving her new Tiny Tags Set in the air!


Trish receiving her new set Pendant Park from Stampin' Up! presenter Shannon.

One of the most entertaining presenters is Bonnie from Stampin' Up! Home Office in Utah. I'm sure Bonnie is a comedian when she's not Stampin', she sure knows how to get the room laughing and shares wonderful ideas in her presentations. I could sit through Bonnie's workshops day in day out.


Bonnie & Ursula



With so many stories to share of our fun day, we headed over to the shops and placed ourselves in a cosy Corner of Gloria Jeans.

We finished off with a lovely Thai dinner overlooking the Harbour then headed home to bed. All with the same thoughts I am sure... "hopefully the fire alarms don't go off again", and "can't wait to see what's in store tomorrow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment