Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stampin' & Scrapin' in the Mountains! July 09

WOW... I held my very first camp on the weekend at
Tamborine Mountain...
and it was soooo much fun!

The car tells it all really... we were in for a weekend of some serious stampin' and scrapin'.
(Yes it is true... I even took my filing cabinet with me!)



As I pulled up at Carla's house after weighing the barge down with my loaded ute... I sensed concern that we might not fit everything in... but alas, there is always the back seat to fill!





Off the two of us headed up the mountain for a weekend with friends, craft, meals cooked, no cleaning up, and no husbands or kids!!!!!!


Let the crafting begin...





Of course the hubby's and kids were only a phone call away,
and some sent little reminders just in case we forgot them...




Having time with friends and letting the creativity flow, what more could you ask for?





Oh I know... doing it all in the comfort of your PJ's of course!




Let's not let winter up the mountains stop us from wearing our trusty thongs either!


There were so many lovely projects made.





We even had a challenge donated by Print Blocks with great prizes... a big thanks to Print Blocks for their support of our camp and congrats on the great job everyone did who entered. (Sorry but I couln't fit all the entries in one photo so I took individual ones...
too many to put on here)




I would like to say a big thanks to Kirstine who has handed over the role of camp leader to me after many years of her doing such a great job, she helped guide me well into what I feel was
a wonderful weekend...




Thank you to Connie for these lovely 'My Art' display boards that she supplied for raffles...





Thanks to Debbie, for the gorgeous name tags that she made for each of us...
(Special thanks for them being soooo Stampin' Up!)



A massive thanks to Liz on behalf of everyone at camp for the wonderful donations she made of goodies bags for each of us as well as prizes throughout the weekend.



It was such a fantastic time, so many great moments, some good laughs, and lots of projects completed to take home... I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I enjoyed my time up the mountains with such a lovely group of friends... and I still can't now!



Thanks to everyone who came... looking forward to camping with you all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment