Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sydney Convention - Thursday.

A weekend away with my Paper Angel friends,
mixed with Stampin' fever in the air...
what more can a girl want?????

Here are some memories that sum up our first day
as we set off to Sydney ready for Convention 2010.



I had a special surprise as I stepped off the plane when my mum was waiting for me at the airport! Mum was waiting so she could come in the cab with us to our Motel and pay the cab charge.. thanks Mum (and dad of course who also met up with us a little later) xo
Mum and Dad hung out with us for the arvo, and Dad became our tour guide to get to Paddy's Markets (the long way lol) via China Town.



Waiting to check in... Ursula & Ellie


Also waiting... Kate

After a fun afternoon exploring the streets and shops of Sydney,
we gathered together for dinner in Darling Harbour.



Jenny & Gail



Bec



Liz



Melissa



Thanks to Bec, Ursula, and Liz for my special handmade treats. The girls made each of the Paper Angels little pressies for Convention. Bec made us each a Bag Tag. Ursula had Totally Tess with Pony Party wings laser cut as necklaces, and Liz made us each Scissor Charms and wrapped them in cute little Pillow Box's.


Then... one of the unplanned highlights (and not one of the fun ones... funny maybe, but not fun). It was about 1am, we were all tucked in bed ready for our big first day of Convention the next morning... when... the Fire Alarm went off! We all had to evacuate the building and gather in Piermont St in our PJ's! I of course grabbed my camera on my way out the room and took this moment as an opportunity for some great Scrapbooking shots! Luckily it was a false alarm, and we did all get back into our beds about an hour later. Not to get too excited though as we did a repeat of the full ordeal again at 3am! Yep, twice in the one night.

I didn't bother with photos the second time, I was a little less enthusiastic getting out of bed again, but here are some memories I captured the first time around...



Still seeing the humour of being evacuated with hundreds of others in the freezing cold in the streets of Sydney in our Pj's.



Did I mention this was a 13 story building that was fully booked out!



Hanging out with 2 of my roomies Jenny & Gail.



Of course, some of us Paper Angels made sure we got a photo with one of the Fire Fighters... totally blogging and Scrapbooking in mind. lol


And that was our first day... Sydney Convention 2010 xo


No comments:

Post a Comment