Saturday, May 8, 2010

I love my MUM xo

Of course everyone has the BEST mum in the whole wide world... but really, what better way to let her know that than to make her a card from the heart!

Here is the card I made for my mum this mother's day...

Card: Not Quite Navy, Bella Bleu DS, Cardboard Box (scrap).
Accessories: Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brad - Ice Circles
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Timeless Type Alphabets Sizzlits Dies, Scallop Edge Punch, Adhesives including Dimensionals

Is this the part where I say "Look Mum, NO Stamps!" lol

The Top Note feature on the front is made with an old scrap from a cardboard box, like a cereal box etc. Stick the DS over this in the pattern you want then put the whole lot through the Big Shot with the Top Note Die. When that's done, add your letters and ribbon/embellishment, and adhere to the front of the card with Dimensionals.

I won't claim full fame to this card though, it was inspired by this card that Liz demonstrated at our meeting...


Thanks Liz for your wonderful Inspiration.

Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful women out there!
Make it your day to relax and let the kids and the men do all the work!!!!!!
I'm planning on locking myself in my craft room... *giggle*

Love you mum xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Leonie. I've just started using the Bella Bleu for cards & it looks so effective. Love the idea of a brad for the ribbon - another solution for those of us who are "challenged" by bow tying :)

    ReplyDelete